The Book Diva’s Reads recently asked author Anne Elisabeth Stengl to name ten authors she admires and why. Here’s the result:
- C.S. Lewis — because he blends fantasy and faith so beautifully it takes my breath away.
- Sir Terry Pratchett — because he can make me laugh out loud and cry within a few pages.
- Diana Wynne Jones — because if I’m having a bad day, one her books can always cheer me up.
- George MacDonald — because for sheer beauty and charm, you can’t beat one of his fairy tales.
- Megan Whalen Turner — because . . . I have no words. Her work is just amazing, and her characters are unforgettable! But I can’t quite explain her, so you’d better read her for yourself.
- Robin McKinley — because no one retells fairy tales with such grace and adventure.
- Jasper Fforde — because no one writes like this man. Ever. Period. TRULY unique!
- Susanna Clarke — because she discovered England’s true mythology . . . and made me believe it.
- Peter S. Beagle — because he finds the profound in the absurd and the absurd in the profound.
- Tolkien — because he gave us hobbits, noble elves, and Middle Earth.
About the author:
About the book:
Starflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
ISBN: 9780764210266 (paperback)
ISBN: 9781441260475 (ebook)
ASIN: B008B9HQ6I (Kindle edition)
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Publication Date: November 1, 2012
The Black Dogs Are on the Hunt, But Who Is Their Prey?
When a cursed dragon-witch kidnaps fairest Lady Gleamdren, the Bard Eanrin sets boldly forth on a rescue mission… and a race against his rival for Gleamdren’s favor. Intent upon his quest, the last thing the immortal Faerie needs is to become mixed up with the troubles of an insignificant mortal.
But when he stumbles upon a maiden trapped in an enchanted sleep, he cannot leave her alone in the dangerous Wood Between. One waking kiss later, Eanrin suddenly finds his story entangled with that of young Starflower. A strange link exists between this mortal girl and the dragon-witch. Will Starflower prove the key to Lady Gleamdren’s rescue? Or will the dark power from which she flees destroy both her and her rescuer?
Buy the Book: